Goals of this Project

Coordinator
May 7, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Yort, GREAT Job with the release posted on May 6, 2010!!

I/We (the community) appreciate your efforts.

My vision for this project is to have a service object that will complie as Any CPU and work in both 32 and 64 bit envionments.

I have been looking at other service objects from other vendors for other devices and looking at the USB/HID (that work properly in 32 and 64 bit environments and are compiled as Any CPU) thread implementation and am making some progress.  This is not my area of expertise, so it is  slow going, a trial and error kinda process.

May 13, 2010 at 1:51 AM

I tested this service object with a 4600g imager.  It does work in x64 and x86 when compiled as AnyCPU.  It **Seems** to work with most symbologys.     It does not work with my 4600r.  Overall i think it is mission accomplished.

Developer
May 14, 2010 at 1:56 AM

Thanks for that Patrick. The 4006 probably has different hardware id's so it doesn't sync up with the service object. If you let us know what the hardware id's for that scanner are we might be able to add them, or else check the Pos .Net SDK documentation for creating an .xml file that maps your hardware id's to the service object manually.